Special Report:The Reinstallation of the Aksum Obelisk
- A step forward for UNESCO’s cultural heritage policy
- Interview - H.E. President of Ethiopia Girma Wolde Giorgis
- The reinstallation of the Aksum Obelisk
- History and archaeology of the ancient capital city of Ethiopia
- Archaeological excavations at the World Heritage site of Aksum, Ethiopia
- The engineering project
- Conserving the sacred: Special challenges for World Heritage sites
- Mountains of Spiritual World Heritage
- World Heritage in Australia’s desert heart: Uluru and Kata Tjuta National Park
New World Heritage sites 2008
A presentation of the 27 new World Heritage sites inscribed at the 32nd session of the World Heritage Committee, Québec (Canada) in July 2008.
- Advisory Bodies: Living heritage at ICCROM
- Conventions: The CBD Bonn Biodiversity Summit
- Profile: The Pilgrim
32nd session of the World Heritage Committee meets in Québec City; Ancient Villages of Northern Syria nomination file; Monitoring Um er-Rasas; Progress in Istanbul.
Survey and consolidation and of the Minaret of Jam recommended; Corrective measures for the Bamiyan Valley to be continued; World Heritage Committee urges an end to building of bridge but keeps Dresden Elbe Valley on the List.
Leaders of tomorrow, engaged actors of today; Sharing skills; Dzongsar Ngari Choedje Rinpoche; Volunteers mobilize for World Heritage preservation; Media on World Heritage.
IN PRINT AND ONLINE
A selection of books, brochures and publications, press articles and multimedia dedicated to World Heritage.